Education and Society: Issues and Explanations in the Sociology of Education
November 2004, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- lively and highly accessible introduction to the sociology of education.
- introduces students to the key theoretical perspectives and conceptual frameworks in the sociology of education
- provides a guide to contemporary issues and current debates.
- criticially engages with wider debates in social theory.
- Discusses Durkheim, Bourdieu and Bernstein, as well as post-modernist thinkers