History of Italian Art, Volume I
September 1996, Polity
Preface by Peter Burke.
1. The Italian Artist and his Roles: Peter Burke.
2. Centre and Periphery: Enrico Castelnuovo and Carlo Ginzburg.
3. Italian Art and the Art of Antiquity: Nicole Dacos.
4. The Dispersal and Conservation of Art-historical Property: Francis Haskell.
5. The Public Reception of Art: Anna Maria Mura.
- This major new work covers many centuries, from antiquity to the present day
- Both volumes are lavishly illustrated including a total of 257 plates of works by such artists as Botticelli, Titian, Bellini, Pisano, Lotto, Da Modena, Giotto and many others
- It brings together a distinguished group of cultural historians and art historians
- The two volume set is available at #10.00 less than the combined price of the individual volumes.
History of Italian Art, Volume I (US $39.95)
-and- A Social History of Knowledge II: From the Encyclopaedia to Wikipedia (US $24.95)
Total List Price: US $64.90
Discounted Price: US $48.67 (Save: US $16.23)