Islam Under Siege: Living Dangerously in a Post- Honor World
August 2003, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Examines the role of Islam in the 21st century and its increasingly forceful presence on the world stage.
- Written by a Muslim and leading social scientist (who has worked in the Muslim world but lives in the West), the book explains what is going wrong in society by referring to Islamic history and beliefs.
- Attempts to answer the key questions people are asking about Islam: "Is Islam compatible with democracy?" "Does Islam subjugate women?" "Does the Koran preach violence?"
- Identifies the need for, and provides the route to, a dialogue of civilizations.
- A must-read for those interested in the future relationship between east and west and the implications for both cultures.