May 2005, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- This is the first volume to cover science fiction right up to the present day and includes a substantial last chapter on the rejuvenation of science fiction in the 1990s.
- Written specifically for students and non-specialists, in an accessible style throughout.
- Has an extraordinarily broad and comprehensive coverage, giving equal weight to both American and English SF, whereas other studies have been weighted to one or to the other.
- Employs an interdisciplinary approach, mixing literature with the history of science, political and economic history and cultural theory. There is a real thirst for such material amongst students and lecturers in this area.
- Science Fiction is not only a popular undergraduate course, but fans of SF are renowned for buying this type of study too.