The Student's Guide to European Integration: For Students, By Students
January 2004, Polity
The book has been specifically designed with the needs of the
student in mind. Key features include:
- End-of-chapter summaries which identify the main issues
discussed in the text
- Guides to further reading and lists of relevant web sites for
each subject area.
- Boxes, tables and highlights from key treaty documents to
complement the text and provide useful points of reference for
- Chronology outlining major events in the development of the
European Union from the launch of the US Marshall Plan in 1947 to
the present day
- Student-to-student tips at the end of each chapter advising students how to best approach the topic in question
Written by recent graduate students at the London School of Economics, The Student’s Guide to European Integration is the ideal companion for all students studying the European Union as part of a degree course.
Introduction – or How to use this book.
Chapter 1. A History of European Integration.
Chapter 2. Theories of European Integration.
II. THE UNION AS A POLITY.
Chapter 3. Institutional Actors.
Chapter 4. Institutional Processes.
Chapter 5. Interest Groups.
Chapter 6. The EU Budget.
Chapter 7. Constitutionalism.
Chapter 8. Fundamental Rights.
Chapter 9. Judicial Processes.
Chapter 10. Law and European Integration.
IV. ECONOMIC AND MONETARY INTEGRATION.
Chapter 11. Economic Theories of Regional Integration.
Chapter 12. The Single Market: achieving free movement of goods, services, capital and people.
Chapter 13. Economic and Monetary Union.
V. COMMON POLICIES.
Chapter 14. Common Agricultural Policy.
Chapter 15. Regional Policy.
Chapter 16. Environmental and Social Policies.
Chapter 17. Competition Policy.
Chapter 18. Common Foreign and Security Policy.
Chapter 19. Justice and Home Affairs.
Chapter 20. External Policies.
VI. CURRENT INTEGRATION & FUTURE IMPLICATIONS.
Chapter 21. EU Enlargement.
Chapter 22. Flexible Integration.
A European Union for the EU Citizen.
Selected Treaty Highlights.
- unique guide to the European Union written by students, for students;
- comprehensive and accessible introduction to the political, economic and legal aspects of the EU;
- includes end-of-chapter summaries and guides to further reading or useful web sites;
- provides a chronology outlining major events in the development of the European Union from the launch of the US Marshall Plan in 1947 to the present day;
- student-to-student tips advise how to best approach each topic.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Student's Guide to European Integration: For Students, By Students (US $84.95)
Total List Price: US $109.90
Discounted Price: US $82.42 (Save: US $27.48)