Urban Outcasts: A Comparative Sociology of Advanced Marginality
November 2007, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
PROLOGUE: AN OLD PROBLEM IN A NEW WORLD?.
1. The Return of the Repressed: Riots, 'Race,' and Dualization in Three Advanced Societies.
I. FROM COMMUNAL GHETTO TO HYPERGHETTO.
2. The State and Fate of the Dark Ghetto at Century's Close.
3. The Cost of Racial and Class Exclusion in 'Bronzeville'.
4. West Side Story: A High-Insecurity Ward in Chicago.
II. BLACK BELT, RED BELT.
5. From Conflation to Comparison: How Banlieues and Ghetto Converge and Contrast.
6. Stigma and Division: From the Core of Chicago to the Margins of Paris.
7. Dangerous Places: Violence, Isolation, and the State.
III.- LOOKING AHEAD: URBAN MARGINALITY IN THE 21st CENTURY.
8. The Rise of Advanced Marginality: Specifications and Implications.
9. Logics of Urban Polarization from Below.
Postcript: Theory, History, and Politics in Urban Analysis
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Urban Outcasts: A Comparative Sociology of Advanced Marginality (US $79.95)
-and- Pierre Bourdieu and Democratic Politics: The Mystery of Ministry (US $69.95)
Total List Price: US $149.90
Discounted Price: US $112.42 (Save: US $37.48)