August 2004, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- presents an original and polemical argument about the direction politics is taking in the 21st century, which is highly relevant to current debates centring around Tony Blair and New Labour.
- written by a leading figure in the social and political sciences, whose work has previously attracted media attention
- written for a wide readership and aims to reach out beyond an individual national audience.
- links currently fashionable policies ofr privatization and contracting out of public services to the rise of the new political class.
- justifies new radical protest movements, such as non-violent components of the anti-globalisation campaign.