Crime in an Insecure World
January 2007, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- This timely book investigates the alarming trend spreading across Western countries of treating every imaginable source of harm as a crime.
- This groundbreaking book contributes to the most critical and contested debates in 21st century politics.
- The author is an extremely well known and respected academic who has published a number of very well respected books on Risk Society
- Comprehensive and clear analysis of how and why the law is being reformed in western society in the face of perceived risks.
- Brimming with insights about a dystopian world obsessed with crime, risk and uncertainty and therefore possessed by extreme security measures.