May 2008, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- a high quality, authoritative introduction to international development by a leading scholar in the field.
- clear, accessible and concise, this is the ideal primer for students unfamiliar with the central themes and theoretical perspectives in the study of development.
- examines the evolution of development theory and explores the internal and external factors which influence development in poorer regions of the world.
- looks at key issues which impact upon the success of development including globalization, conflict, the environment, gender and human rights.
- part of Polity’s prestigious ‘Short Introductions’ series.