Human Rights: An Interdisciplinary Approach, 2nd Edition
April 2011, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Eagerly awaited second edition of this highly respected introduction to the theory and practice of human rights.
- Innovative and challenging, this book invites students to think conceptually about one of the most important and influential political concepts of our time.
- Emphasizes how the experiences of the victims of human rights violations are related to legal, philosophical and social-scientific approaches to human rights.
- Asks key questions, such as: Does the idea of human rights distract our attention from the structural causes of oppression and exploitation? What are the underlying causes of human rights violations? Why do some countries have much worse human rights records than others?
- This substantially revised edition takes account of crucial recent events such as the ‘war on terror’ and the global economic crisis of 2008.