Human Rights: An Interdisciplinary Approach, 2nd Edition
April 2011, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
1. Introduction: Thinking about Human Rights.
2. Origins: the Rise and Fall of Natural Rights.
3. After 1945: the New Age of Rights.
4. Theories of Human Rights.
5. Putting Law in its Place: the Role of the Social Sciences.
6. Universality, Diversity and Difference: Culture and Human Rights.
7. Idealism, Realism and Repression: the Politics of Human Rights.
8. Globalization, Development and Poverty: Economics and Human Rights.
9. Conclusion: Human Rights in the Twenty-First Century.