Love Itself: In the Letter Box
August 2008, Polity
I Olivier de SerresA Single Passion, Two Witnesses
II The Cauliflower of the Lautaret
III The First Lucidity
IV One Time, Avenue de Choisy, Echo, My Love
V First Letters
VI Faithfully Forever
VII When I Become a Frenetic Keeper
IX On February 12th I Committed an Error
- A major new book by one of the leading feminist writers in
- Cixous explores the themes of love, memory, language and
- This is a work of literary fiction and at the same time a
philosophical work: like Sartre, Camus and other great writers,
Cixous blends together fiction and philosophy.
- Cixous created a distinctive form of feminist writing called
‘ecriture feminine’ and she is its leading exponent.
This new book is a major contribution to this genre.
- Cixous is very well known in the English-speaking world and her work is widely read, especially in the US.
Times Literary Supplement
"Hélène Cixous is today the greatest writer in what I
shall call, if I may, my language, French. And I weigh my words in
saying this. For a very great writer must be a poet-thinker, very
much a poet and a very thinking poet."
"A profoundly intense, individual and brilliant piece of work."
David Marx Book Reviews