Sociology for A2 AQA
July 2009, Polity
This exciting, full-colour textbook includes:
- chapters on each topic covered in the A2 specification;
- special sections on research methods in the chapter on crime and deviance, and stratification and differentiation;
- up-to-date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates;
- lots of colour photographs and diagrams to bring ideas to life and fire students' imaginations;
- a dedicated website, including resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Key sociological terms are systematically highlighted throughout the text and are included in a comprehensive glossary, with thoughtful questions and activities at important points within the chapters to develop and test students' understanding further. Exam style questions are also found in every chapter.
Pitched at exactly the right level for the new AQA A2 sociology specification, the book provides all the tools necessary to help students achieve top grades and encourage them to take their study of sociology further, whatever their needs, interests and abilities.
1. Beliefs in Society
2. Global Development
3. Mass Media
4. Power and Politics
5. Theory and Methods
6. Crime and Deviance
7. Stratification and Differentiation
- Has an exciting, up-to-date internal design that incorporates four colours and glossy paper.
- Chapters are fully up-to-date with the latest studies, reports and statistics, and contemporary issues.
- Packed with student-friendly features such as: key sociological terms systematically highlighted throughout the book; glossary; thought-provoking questions and activities; authentic exam questions included on every topic.
- Many photographs, graphs, tables, and spider diagrams help to enliven the text, as well as reinforcing key issues. Web sites and web-based activities are included throughout, encouraging students to engage with the most recent social changes, and developments in sociology.
- Completely covers new AQA specification.
- All the authors have a wealth of experience of (and passion for) teaching sociology and enlivening students’ sociological imagination.
Christine Garnock-Jones, Silverdale School
"It really is great to find a textbook like this which gets it right in terms of both breadth and depth. Unlike some texts, all options are covered which means this book is an essential addition to all sociology departments. The theoretical and empirical issues are addressed in an accessible way and I am sure students will find it a great help in their studies."
David Gilmore, St Joseph s College and Senior Examiner