When Our World Became Christian
March 2010, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- I. Constantine: the saviour of humanity
- II. Christianity: a masterpiece
- III. The Church: another masterpiece
- IV. The dream of the Milvian Bridge, Constantine’s faith and his conversion
- V. The motives, both major and minor, for Constantine’s conversion
- VI. Constantine, the Church’s ‘president’
- VII. An ambivalent century, with an empire at once pagan and Christian
- VIII. Christianity wavers, then triumphs
- IX. A state religion still partial and mixed. The fate of the Jews
- X. Was there an ideology?
- XI. Does Europe have Christian roots?
- Supplementary Notes