Whose Crisis, Whose Future?
December 2010, Polity
And yet our world has never been so wealthy, and we have, right now, all the knowledge, tools and skills we need to build a greener, fairer, richer world. Such a breakthrough is not some far-fetched utopia, but an immediate, concrete possibility. Our future is in our hands.
1. The Wall of Finance.
2. The Wall of Poverty and Inequality.
3. The Most Basic Basics.
4. The Wall of Conflict.
5. Our Future.
- Major new book from Susan George - a leading political commentator whose previous books have been massively influential and widely read and reviewed.
- Provocative and radical, this book could attract lots of media attention in addition to Susan’s large and loyal activist audience.
- Elucidates pressing global economic and ecological crises in a clear, personable narrative style aimed squarely at non-specialist general readers.
- Combines a systematic account of the current global crisis with a bold, ambitious program for social change.
"George has a brilliant capacity to see through the complex layers of a finance-driven world created by and for elites. She also, thankfully, has the intellectual sharpness and political passion to inspire the fight for change."
"A very useful and eminently readable treatise on the present impasse."
"George's passion and knowledge of her staggeringly broad subject matter can't help but come through."
"An important read for those who believe change is necessary."
"A really valuable and impressive book. Susan George leads us through a chamber of horrors ... Fortunately, the lucid and carefully documented picture she presents also shows that there are paths out of the darkness, realistic and within reach if the will is there. Lessons to be taken to heart by those who have concern for humans and their fate."
"Susan George has a rare gift for seeing the big picture. She explains with great clarity the forces that oppress us, the choices that face us and the action that needs to be taken. Please read this book: it will equip you better than any other to confront the injustices of a world run for the benefit of a tiny elite."
"This book is a lighthouse for our times. It shines a penetrating light onto the causes of our current devastating problems and onto the people responsible. It illustrates, with great clarity, the necessary solutions and shows that the power to achieve these lies in our hands. It combines the bleakness of The Road with a belief in the human power for transformation. Ultimately, it is a beacon of hope."