Dissent in Organizations
July 2011, Polity
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Through the use of case studies, first-person accounts, current examples, conceptual models, and scholarly findings this work offers a comprehensive treatment of organizational dissent. Readers will find a sensible balance between theoretical considerations and practical applications.
Theoretical considerations include:
- how dissent fits within classical and contemporary organizational communication approaches
- dissent's relationship to, yet distinctiveness from, related organizational concepts like conflict, resistance, and voice
- explanations for why employees express dissent and how they make sense of it
- the relationship between organizational dissent and ethics
Practical applications encompass:
- recommendations for employees expressing dissent and managers responding to it
- consideration of the range of events that trigger dissent
- strategies employees use to express dissent and tools organizations can apply to solicit it effectively
- the unique challenges and benefits associated with expressing dissent to management
The book's specific focus and engaged voice provide students, scholars, and practitioners with a deeper understanding of dissent as an important aspect of workplace communication.