Windows Game Programming For Dummies, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Using DirectXthe latest and greatest technology for making games on PCsWindows Game Programming For Dummies will help you write just about any 2D game you can conjure. Now updated to cover new DirectX and Windows releases, your friendly yellow-and-black companion will show you:
- The basics of video game design
- The nuts and bolts of Windows programming
- How to work with DirectXand play with DirectDraw
- How to make a real game, with an actual, step-by-step example
- How to market your mind-blowing new creation
- The ten biggest mistakes made by game programmersand how to avoid them
From graphics to sound to input and installation, legendary game developer and Xtreme Games CEO André LaMothe takes you right into the guts of the gamein an entertaining style that won’t send you retreating to the nearest joystick. André’s witty, he’s tons of fun, and before you know it he’ll have you up to speed on:
- Setting up your game programming workstation
- Getting into DirectDraw: animation techniques, bitmaps, color keying, and more
- Adding Direct X subsystems such as DirectSound, DirectInput, and AutoPlay
- Getting your hands dirty by making a real game
- The physics of asteroids and other flying objects: time, velocity, force, and all that
- Game programming websites, downloads, 3D engines, usenet groups, and more!