Feng Shui Your Workspace For Dummies
- Deal with any type of workplace, including a cramped cubicle, open concept office, traditional office, or a makeshift home setup
- Choose and arrange furniture to bring more energy and flow to your workspace
- Deal with improper lighting, glass doors, and walls
- Reduce clutter
- Use light, flowers, and sound to create harmony
- Make the most of color and texture, including dressing for success
- Use Feng Shui in your interactions with others for harmonious relationships with colleagues
- Build a business the Feng Shui way
Written by Holly Zeigler, a Feng Shui devotee and consultant for commercial and residential architects and developers, and Jennifer Lawler, a master at Martial Arts and author of Martial Arts For Dummies and ASVAB For Dummies, this book helps you put the time-honored principles of Feng Shui to work in your workplace! It even includes a workspace sketch pad to help you plan your furniture placement. After all, according to Feng Shui, something as simple as moving the furniture in your workspace can help you move up in the workplace!
Part I: Reading Feng Shui’s Resume.
Chapter 1: Figuring Out Feng Shui.
Chapter 2: Moving and Grooving with Chi.
Chapter 3: Gathering People and Principles Together.
Part II: Conceptualizing and Strategizing: Oddly at Peace with Peace.
Chapter 4: Harmonizing with Light, Flowers, and Sound.
Chapter 5: Brushing Up on Color and Texture.
Chapter 6: Zoning In on Electronic Fixes.
Part III: Energizing and Feng Shui-ing Your Work Area.
Chapter 7: Building a Business the Feng Shui Way.
Chapter 8: Squaring Off with Cubicles.
Chapter 9: Grasping the Open Concept Office.
Chapter 10: Tackling the Traditional Office.
Chapter 11: Jamming in Your PJs: Working from Home.
Chapter 12: Nestling into Nontraditional Workspaces.
Chapter 13: Breaking Into Rooms: Waiting, Storage, and Bath.
Part IV: Interacting with Others: Implementing for Success.
Chapter 14: Personal Power and Successful Work Relationships.
Chapter 15: Making Your To-Do List: Meeting Goals.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 16: Ten Top Feng Shui Helpers.
Chapter 17: Ten Ways to Increase Your Wealth.
Chapter 18: Ten Ways to Create Harmony with Co-Workers.
Chapter 19: Ten Ways to Get Yourself into a Power Position.
Appendix: Your Workspace Sketch Pad.