MySQL/PHP Database Applications, 2nd Edition
- Demonstrates Web application development by presenting ten real, ready-to-use examples
- Samples start with a simple guess book and end with a fully-functional e-commerce site with a shopping cart
- New features include both MySQL 4.1 and PHP 4.2
- Latest edition contains new applications including log analysis and project tracking
- CD-ROM includes all the code and examples applications from the book in addition to MySQL, PHP, Apache, PHP classes, libraries, utilities, and other tools
Part I: Working with MySQL.
Chapter 1 Database Design with MySQL.
Chapter 2 The Structured Query Language for Creating and Altering Tables.
Chapter 3 The Structured Query Language for Inserting, Editing, and Selecting Data.
Part II: Working with PHP.
Chapter 4 Getting Started with PHP—Variables.
Chapter 5 Control Structures.
Chapter 6 PHP’s Built-in Functions.
Chapter 7 Writing Organized and Readable Code.
Part III: Simple Applications.
Chapter 8 Guestbook 2003, the (Semi-)Bulletproof Guestbook.
Chapter 9 Survey.
Part IV: Not So Simple Applications.
Chapter 10 Threaded Discussion.
Chapter 11 Content-Management System.
Chapter 12 Catalog.
Chapter 13 Problem-Tracking System.
Chapter 14 Shopping Cart.
Chapter 15 XML Parsing.
Chapter 16 SOAP.
Chapter 17 Project Management.
Part V: Appendixes.
Appendix A: What’s on the CD-ROM.
Appendix B: HTML Forms.
Appendix C: Brief Guide to MySQL/PHP Installation and Configuration.
Appendix D: MySQL Utilities.
Appendix E: MySQL User Administration.
Appendix F: PHP Function Reference.
Appendix G: Regular Expressions Overview.
Appendix H: Helpful User-Defined Functions.
Appendix I: PHP and MySQL Resources.
Appendix J: MySQL Function Reference.
End-User License Agreement.
JAY GREENSPAN is a New York—based writer, editor, and technical consultant. He is author of MySQL Weekend Crash Course® and runs Trans-City Productions, Inc., a firm that provides editorial services to high-tech companies.
DAVID WALL is a freelance technical consultant, lecturer, and writer operating through his consultancy David Wall Enterprises. He specializes in Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) servers and in Voice over IP technologies from IBM and Cisco Systems.