50 Fast Final Cut Express Techniques
- Presents 50 fast, easy, and powerful effects that creative professionals and amateurs alike can achieve almost instantly with Apple's hot new Final Cut Express video editing software
- Proven step-by-step format, lavishly illustrated with "before" and "after" scenes from professional clips
- Includes masking techniques, creative use of colors and special effects, professional titling and rolling credit techniques, size deceptions, film-grain simulations, and much more
- Features in-depth discussions of features and techniques that help readers make the necessary adjustments for their own videos
- Reasonably priced Final Cut Express software is sophisticated enough for the professional, yet basic enough for the editing beginner or hobbyist
- CD-ROM is packed with all video clips from the book and valuable utilities
CHAPTER 1: GETTONG READY: PREPARING YOUR PROJECT.
Technique 1: Storyboards and Shot Lists.
Technique 2: Using Device Control to Capture an Entire Project.
Technique 3: Storing Your Clips on Your Hard Drive.
Technique 4: Organizing Your Clips.
CHAPTER 2: TECHNIQUES FOR IMPROVING YOUR VIDEO PICTURE.
Technique 5: A Simple Sharpen Filter.
Technique 6: Simple Contrast Correction.
Technique 7: Adding a Soft Focus Effect to Your Video.
Technique 8: Creating a Washed Out Video Backdrop.
Technique 9: Correcting Color.
Technique 10: Sepia Tone and Aged Film.
CHAPTER 3: TIME AND SPEED EFFECTS.
Technique 11: Slow Motion Effects.
Technique 12: Fast Motion Effects.
Technique 13: Super Fast Motion Effects for Excitement.
Technique 14: Reverse Motion Effects.
CHAPTER 4: LAYERS AND SUPERIMPOSITION.
Technique 15: Adding an Inset Window with Video.
Technique 16: Moving an Inset Window.
Technique 17: The Overlaid Inset Window.
Technique 18: Text Overlays.
Technique 19: Art Overlays (Logos).
Technique 20: Cartoon Balloons.
Technique 21: Imagination Balloons.
CHAPTER 5: SUPERIMPOSING SPECIAL EFFECTS.
Technique 22: Planets and Moons.
Technique 23: Lightning Bolts.
Technique 24: Divine Inspiration.
Technique 25: Comets and Meteors.
Technique 26: Overcast Clouds.
Technique 27:Monster Eyes.
Technique 28: Ray-Dog the Red-Nosed Puppy.
CHAPTER 6: ADVANCED MATTE EFFECTS.
Technique 29: Laser Beams.
Technique 30: Electric Shocks.
Technique 31: Background Flames.
Technique 32: Foreground Flames.
Technique 33: Fire Breath.
Technique 34: Indoor Explosions.
CHAPTER 7: MORE ADVANCED MATTE EFFECTS.
Technique 35:Miniature People and Things.
Technique 36: Gigantic House Pets.
Technique 37:Matte Windows in Objects.
Technique 38: Doorway into the Unknown.
Technique 39: Teleportation.
Technique 40: Super Spinning Text.
Technique 41: Look into the Crystal Ball.
Technique 42: Glowing Orbs.
CHAPTER 8: ADVANCED TEST AND TITLING EFFECTS.
Technique 43: Text Crawls.
Technique 44: Scrolling Text.
Technique 45: Typewriter Text.
Technique 46: Subtitles.
Technique 47: Text with Drop Shadows.
Technique 48: Text Overlays.
Technique 49: Jitter Text.
Technique 50: Text in Perspective.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR.