Kickin' Bot: An Illustrated Guide to Building Combat Robots
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Do you have what it takes to build a battle-ready robot? You do now. Here are the plans, step-by-step directions, and expert advice that will put you in competition-while you have a heck of a lot of fun getting there.
Grant Imahara, the creator of the popular BattleBot Deadblow, shares everything he’s learned about robot design, tools and techniques for metal working, the parts you need and where to get them, and plenty of tips to keep you off the ropes. When you’re finished, you’ll be ready to rumble.
Just a few of the topics you'll learn:
- Robot design 101
- Chemicals and power tools
- Popular materials compared
- Cutting your armor
- Things to know about screws
- Top ten drive motors
- Bearings, casters, couplers, and U-joints
- Roller chains and sprockets
- Better traction through chemistry
- Choosing speeding controls
- Batteries and wiring
- The driving test
- Rammers, hammers and crushers