Microsoft Office Project 2003 Bible
- A comprehensive, soup-to-nuts resource that shows business people how to master the latest version of this popular project-management software
- Begins with an overview of project management basics and moves on to showing how to create a new project, track a project's progress, and work in groups
- More advanced topics discussed include customizing Project, using macros, and importing and exporting information
- Includes coverage of building tasks, using views, modifying the appearance of a project, and resolving scheduling and resource problems, plus new sample projects and a new chapter on using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and VBScript with Project
- Provides expanded coverage of Project Server-installation, hardware and software requirements, and software configurations-all needed to ensure that Project Server is administered and used effectively
CD-ROM includes sample projects, bonus appendixes, and demo software.
Part I: Project Management Basics.
Chapter 1: The Nature of Projects.
Chapter 2: Exploring the Microsoft Project Environment.
Part II: Getting Your Project Going.
Chapter 3: Creating a New Project.
Chapter 4: Building Tasks.
Chapter 5: Creating Resources and Assigning Costs.
Part III: Refining Your Project.
Chapter 6: Understanding the Basics of Views.
Chapter 7: Using Views to Gain Perspective.
Chapter 8: Modifying the Appearance of Your Project.
Chapter 9: Resolving Scheduling Problems.
Chapter 10: Resolving Resource Problems.
Part IV: Tracking Your Progress.
Chapter 11: Understanding Tracking.
Chapter 12: Recording Actuals.
Chapter 13: Reporting on Progress.
Chapter 14: Analyzing Financial Progress.
Part V: Working in Groups.
Chapter 15: Coordinating Multiple Projects Outside Project Server.
Chapter 16: Using Project in an E-mail Workgroup.
Part VI: Project, Project Web Access, and Project Server.
Chapter 17: Preparing to Use Project Server.
Chapter 18: Installing and Configuring Project Server.
Chapter 19: Organizational Roles and Project Server: The Administrator.
Chapter 20: Organizational Roles and Project Server: The Project/Resource Manager.
Chapter 21: Organizational Roles and Project Server: The Day-to-Day User.
Chapter 22: Organizational Roles and Project Server: The Executive.
Part VII: Advanced Microsoft Project.
Chapter 23: Customizing Microsoft Project.
Chapter 24: Using Macros to Speed Your Work.
Chapter 25: Customizing Microsoft Project Using VBA and Active Scripting.
Chapter 26: Importing and Exporting Project Information.
Chapter 27: Project Case Studies.
Part VIII: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Whatâ s on the CD-ROM.
Appendix B: Project Management Worksheet.
Appendix C: Available Fields and Functions for Custom Field Formulas.
Appendix D: Project Management Resources.
Elaine left her native Chicago for the warmer climes of Florida (by way of Cincinnati, Ohio; Jerusalem, Israel; Ithaca, New York; and Washington, D.C.) where she basks in the sun with her PC, her dog, Josh, and her cats, Cato, Watson, and Buddy. Elaine also sings in the Toast of Tampa, an International Champion Sweet Adeline barbershop chorus.
|Missing files for Chapter 12
Download the missing Status Date and Current Date Field files.
|22.57 KB||Click to Download|
Do you think you've discovered an error in this book? Please check the list of errata below to see if we've already addressed the error. If not, please submit the error via our Errata Form. We will attempt to verify your error; if you're right, we will post a correction below.
|12||366 & 372||Missing files on CD for Chapter 12
The missing files can be found on the download page.