Professional ASP.NET 1.0, Special Edition
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
This comprehensive compendium provides a broad and thorough investigation of all aspects of programming with ASP.NET. Entirely revised and updated for the 1.0 Release of .NET, this book will give you the information you need to master ASP.NET and build dynamic, successful, enterprise Web applications.
What does this book cover?
Here are just a few of the topics covered in this book:
- What ASP.NET is, and how it makes building applications even easier
- How easy it is to work with ASP.NET pages and server-side controls
- Accessing data of all kinds in your ASP.NET pages
- An introduction to ADO.NET
- Getting started with ASP.NET and the .NET Framework
- Creating ASP.NET pages, working with server controls, and data management
- Developing, securing, and configuring web applications
- Exploring Base class libraries, components, and extensibility
- Working with Web Services and ASP.NET in the mobile arena
- Debugging, performance, migration, and interoperability
- Integrating this knowledge in real world development contexts
Who is this book for?
This book is aimed at experienced ASP developers working at the leading edge — rather than the casual ASP developer or beginner. We do not cover the basics of COM, ASP, or the .NET programming languages. This book is also ideal for Visual Basic developers who want to move into Web application design.
What do you need to use this book?
Here's what you need to know in order to use this book:
- A solid understanding of ASP
- Familiarity with VB or C-based syntax (C++, Java(TM), or C#)
- A desire to develop sophisticated ASP.NET applications using the .NET Framework
- A desire for a comprehensive and in-depth guide to this exciting new technology