White Wine For Dummies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
—Terry Robards, Senior Managing Editor, Wine Enthusiast Magazine
“This book is a ‘must’ if you enjoy the taste of wine! This excellent guide playfully educates amateurs, as well as experts, in the pleasures of drinking wine.”
—Michael Aaron, Chairman, Sherry-Leman, World Renowned Wine Shop, New York, NY
“...an insightful reference guide for the beginning taster or industry professional who has an appreciation of wine and wit.”
—Lynn Penner-Ash, President/Winemaker, Rex Hill Vineyards, Inc.
Do you know the difference between a Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and a Sauvignon Blanc? Are you frustrated by the vast number of white wines there are to choose from? Don’t panic, let White Wine For Dummies be your guide. Covering wine regions from all over the world, including California, France, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, and Italy, this friendly reference provides answers to all your white wine questions. It tells you how to:
- Understand the key differences between white and red wines
- Distinguish white wine varieties by color, aroma, flavor, and texture
- Identify the grape type, region, and vintage with ease
- Explore the California wine revolution—from Chardonnay to Sauvignon Blanc
- Discover fine American wineries, from coast to coast
- Uncover the secrets of European white wines
- Select the right vintage and style to suite your taste
- Choose the right white wine for any occasion
Written by two leading national wine experts, this authoritative guide features helpful charts, wine label examples, expert tips, wine tasting techniques, and priceless author recommendations. You also get:
- A fascinating introductory course in white wine explaining how it differs from red, its chief characteristics, how grape type and growing conditions influence taste, how to choose the right white wine for a meal, and more
- A region-by-region guide to the white wines of the world—from California and New York to New Zealand and South Africa to all the major European producers
With White Wine For Dummies by your side, you’ll soon be selecting white wines with confidence for every occasion.