Psychology For Dummies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Psychology For Dummies is a fun, user-friendly guide to the basics of human behavior and mental processes. In plain English and using lots of everyday examples, psychologist Dr. Adam Cash cuts through the jargon to explain what psychology is all about and what it tells us about why we do the things we do. With this book as your guide, you’ll:
- Gain profound insights into human nature
- Understand yourself better
- Make sense of individual and group behaviors
- Explore different approaches in psychology
- Recognize problems in yourself and others
- Make informed choices when seeking psychological counseling
From Freud to forensics, anorexia to xenophobia, Psychology For Dummies takes you on a fascinating journey of discovery. Topics covered include:
- Major schools of thought and how they differ
- The role of the body, the mind, relationships and culture in human psychology
- What is consciousness, awareness, and consciousness of self?
- Instinct, feeling and emotion and where they come from
- Developmental psychology and how people learn
- The role of gender in psychology
- Abnormal and forensic psychology
- Emotional and psychological problems and psychotherapy
Human behavior is an endlessly fascinating subject. Get Psychology For Dummies and find out what the science of human behavior has to say about why we do the things we do.