Official Fedora Companion: Your Guide to the Fedora Project
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
- Linux guru Nick Petreley demystifies the most powerful features of Fedora, the new Linux operating system from Red Hat
- The book is tailored for new users and people upgrading from previous Red Hat versions
- Cuts through technical jargon with a concise, friendly approach and offers invaluable insider tips that enable users to get up and running fast with Fedora
- Features step-by-step guidance to help readers to use and customize the friendly graphical Bluecurve desktop; get online with instant messaging, e-mail and a favorite browser; create personal audio and data CD-ROMs; and get started with the OpenOffice office productivity suite
- Includes essential security tips and all the basic configuration details for networks, firewalls, users, and printers
- Two CD-ROMs include Red Hat's new personal edition distribution known as Fedora
Copyright 2004 by Red Hat, Inc. Material may be distributed only subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, V1.0 or later (the latest version is presently available at http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/).