Java 2 For Dummies, 2nd Edition
- This updated bestseller covers programming essentials for the newest version of Java, the popular platform-independent, object-oriented programming language
- The material is fully updated and focuses on the new Java SDK 1.5, addressing the needs of new or inexperienced Java developers
- The fun and easy writing style walks readers through Java syntax basics and helps them write their first program
- Shows readers how to create basic Java objects and figure out when they can reuse existing code
- The new edition is also modified to better address the readers who may have some programming knowledge, but who are new to Java
Part I: Getting Started.
Chapter 1: All about Java.
Chapter 2: Running Canned Java Programs.
Chapter 3: Using the Basic Building Blocks.
Part II: Writing Your Own Java Programs.
Chapter 4: Making the Most of Variables and Their Values.
Chapter 5: Controlling Program Flow with Decision-Making Statements.
Chapter 6: Controlling Program Flow with Loops.
Part III: Working with the Big Picture: Object-Oriented Programming.
Chapter 7: Thinking in Terms of Classes and Objects.
Chapter 8: Saving Time and Money: Reusing Existing Code.
Chapter 9: Constructing New Objects.
Part IV: Savvy Java Techniques.
Chapter 10: Putting Variables and Methods Where They Belong.
Chapter 11: Using Arrays and Collections to Juggle Values.
Chapter 12: Looking Good When Things Take Unexpected Turns.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 13: Ten Ways to Avoid Mistakes.
Chapter 14: Ten Sets of Web Resources for Java.
Part VI: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Using the CD-ROM.
Appendix B: When to Use Words Like “public” and “private”.
End-User License Agreement.