Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies
No. It’s just not natural. Sometimes presentation is almost as important as content. When you create a report, the goal is to provide information for readers in a format they can readily understand.
Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies, the latest version of the most popular report writer in the world, shows you how to create simple or sophisticated reports, turning data into interactive, actionable reports that convey what’s happening in your business. You can progress cover-to-cover or use the index to find out how to:
- Give your reports more pizzazz by using the correct fonts, color, drop shadows, graphic elements, and more
- Integrate elements from multiple, non-database sources
- Group sort, total result sets, cross-tab reports, and add formulas, charts, or maps
- Print reports
- Use customized Business Views gleaned from the same information to provide each reader with information he or she needs to know without spilling all the beans, sales figures, marketing information, or whatever
- Present multi-dimensional data in OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) cubes
- Get ideas from sample reports on the companion Web site
Written by Allen G. Taylor, nationally known lecturer, teacher, and author of over 20 books, including Database Development for Dummies, Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies makes it crystal clear how to:
- Store your information securely in Crystal Repository
- Use Crystal Analysis 10 to display OLAP data so you and your report’s readers can analyze the information in an online environment
- Use Crystal Enterprise to put Crystal Reports online for viewing by hundreds or thousands of people in your organization
Whether you want to dazzle your company’s CEO and shareholders, motivate the sales force, or simply share database information cogently, with Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies you not only make your point, you an impression. When your reports look professional, you look professional.
Part I: Reporting Basics.
Chapter 1: Transforming Raw Data into Usable Information.
Chapter 2: Create a Simple Report Right Now!
Chapter 3: Report Design Guidelines.
Chapter 4: Reporting Overview.
Part II: Moving Up to Professional Quality Reports.
Chapter 5: Pulling Specific Data from a Database.
Chapter 6: Sorting, Grouping, and Totaling Result Sets.
Chapter 7: Mastering Report Sections.
Chapter 8: Formatting Your Reports.
Part III: Advanced Report Types and Features.
Chapter 9: Displaying Your Favorite Hit Parade with Group Sort.
Chapter 10: Making Correlations with Cross-Tab Reports.
Chapter 11: Adding Formulas to Reports.
Chapter 12: Creating Reports within a Report.
Chapter 13: Combining Report Elements with OLE.
Chapter 14: Creating and Updating OLAP Reports.
Chapter 15: Enhancing Reports with Charts.
Chapter 16: Adding Geographic Detail with Maps.
Part IV: Crystal Reports in the Enterprise.
Chapter 17: Crystal Enterprise Components.
Chapter 18: Crystal Repository.
Chapter 19: Maintaining Security.
Chapter 20: Navigating with Report Parts.
Chapter 21: Crystal Analysis 10.
Part V: Publishing Your Reports.
Chapter 22: Distributing and Viewing Reports.
Chapter 23: Displaying Reports Online.
Chapter 24: SQL Commands.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 25: Ten Things to Do Before You Create a Report.
Chapter 26: Ten Ways to Give Your Reports More Pizzaz.
From here you can download sample reports and word documents for use with the text of Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies.
The bonus content is stored in a ZIP or RAR fromat archive. If you aren't able to open ZIP or RAR archives, head over to WinRAR's website to download a free extractor.
|597.85 KB||Click to Download|
|crystal_reports.rar||377.92 KB||Click to Download|