TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies
- Display numbers in normal, scientific, or engineering notations
- Perform basic calculations, deal with angles, and solve equations
- Create and investigate geometric figures
- Graph functions, inequalities, or transformations of functions
- Create stat plots and analyze statistical data
- Create probability experiments like tossing coins, rolling dice, and so on
- Save calculator files on your computer
- Add applications to your calculator so that it can do even more
TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies was written by C.C. Edwards, author of TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies, who has a Ph.D. in mathematics and teaches on the undergraduate and graduate levels. The book doesn’t delve into high math, but it does use appropriate math examples to help you delve into:
- Using the Equation Solver
- Using GeoMaster and its menu bar to construct lines, segments, rays, vectors, circles, polygons, perpendicular and parallel lines, and more
- Creating a slide show of transformations of a graph
- Using the Inequality Graphing application to enter and graph inequalities and solve linear programming problems
There’s even a handy tear-out cheat sheet to remind you of important keystrokes and special menus, And since you’ll quickly get comfortable with the built-in applications, there’s a list of ten more you can download and install on your calculator so it can do even more! TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies is full of ways to increase the value of your TI–84 Plus exponentially.
Part I: Making Friends with the Calculator.
Chapter 1: Coping with the Basics.
Chapter 2: Doing Basic Arithmetic.
Chapter 3: The Math and Angle Menus.
Chapter 4: Solving Equations.
Part II: Doing Geometry.
Chapter 5: Using GeoMaster.
Chapter 6: Constructing Geometric Figures.
Chapter 7: Finding Measurements.
Chapter 8: Performing Transformations.
Part III: Graphing and Analyzing Functions.
Chapter 9: Graphing Functions.
Chapter 10: Exploring Functions.
Chapter 11: Evaluating Functions.
Chapter 12: Graphing Transformations.
Chapter 13: Graphing Inequalities.
Part IV: Probability and Statistics.
Chapter 14: Probability.
Chapter 15: Simulating Probabilities.
Chapter 16: Dealing with Statistical Data.
Chapter 17: Analyzing Statistical Data.
Part V: Communicating with PCs and Other Calculators.
Chapter 18: Communicating with a PC Using TI Connect™.
Chapter 19: Communicating Between Calculators.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Eight Topics That Didn’t Make the Book.
Chapter 21: Ten Great Applications.
Chapter 22: Eight Common Errors.
Chapter 23: Eleven Common Error Messages.
Appendix A: Creating and Editing Matrices.
Appendix B: Using Matrices.
Just barely five feet tall, CC, as her friends call her, has three goals in life: to be six inches taller, to have naturally curly hair, and to be independently wealthy. As yet, she is nowhere close to meeting any of these goals. When she retires, she plans to become an old lady carpenter.
|Bonus Chapter 1 - Using Capri Jr.||251.62 KB||Click to Download|
|Bonus Chapter 2 - Constructing Geometric Figures||323.75 KB||Click to Download|
|Bonus Chapter 3 - Finding Measurements||274.40 KB||Click to Download|
|Bonus Chapter 4 - Performing Transformations||241.44 KB||Click to Download|
|Bonus Chapter 5 - Creating Calculator Programs||282.41 KB||Click to Download|
|Bonus Chapter 6 - Controlling Program Flow||344.33 KB||Click to Download|
|Bonus Chapter 7- Controlling Program Input and Output||275.88 KB||Click to Download|
TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies (US $16.99)
-and- Inside Your Calculator: From Simple Programs to Significant Insights (US $75.95)
Total List Price: US $92.94
Discounted Price: US $67.45 (Save: US $25.49)