iPAQ For Dummies
iPAQ For Dummies boils down all this complicated, amazing technology into understandable pieces. Whether you’ve never used a Pocket PC before or you’re just new to the iPAQ, this handy guide will help you
- Navigate the iPAQ interface
- Use the address book and calendar
- Schedule appointments
- Sync your iPAQ with your desktop
- Back up your files
- Create pocket spreadsheets, and more
At the heart of iPAQ’s power is the new Windows Mobile 2003 operating system, with its improved security and network support, better Web browsing, and smoother synchronization for e-mail, calendars, and contacts. iPAQ For Dummies shows you how to use that power to
- Use the menus, change your screen settings, and establish a password
- Enter information into your iPAQ in various ways
- Surf the Web, read e-mail and e-books, and download music
- Create documents and spreadsheets with the pocket versions of Word, Excel, and Money
- Manage your calendar, contacts, and “to do” list
- Entertain yourself with games while you wait for that appointment
- Edit and display photos on your iPAQ, and much more
You can even connect a GPS and all sorts of other cool add-ons to your iPAQ. iPAQ For Dummies tells you the best choices, what they do, and how to use them. With an iPAQ in one hand and this book in the other, you’ll be able to do things you never thought possible.
Part I: Introducing the iPAQ.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know the iPAQ.
Chapter 2: Choosing Your iPAQ.
Chapter 3: Understanding the iPAQ Basics.
Chapter 4: Entering Information into Your iPAQ.
Chapter 5: Keeping It in Sync.
Part II: Personal Organization with Your iPAQ.
Chapter 6: Keeping Your Address Book.
Chapter 7: Taking Some Notes.
Chapter 8: Keeping Your Mobile Calendar.
Part III: Putting Your iPAQ to Work.
Chapter 9: Working with Pocket Word.
Chapter 10: Managing Your Calculations.
Chapter 11: Tracking Your Money.
Part IV: The iPAQ and the Internet.
Chapter 12: Connecting Your iPAQ.
Chapter 13: Surfing the Internet.
Chapter 14: Keeping Track of Your E-Mail.
Part V: Multimedia Time.
Chapter 15: Using Your iPAQ for Music.
Chapter 16: More Multimedia.
Chapter 17: Playing Around with Your iPAQ.
Part VI: Working with iPAQ Add-Ons.
Chapter 18: Finding iPAQ Applications.
Chapter 19: Traveling with Your iPAQ.
Part VII: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Great iPAQ Accessories.
Chapter 21: Ten Great iPAQ Business Programs.
Chapter 22: Ten Great Ways to Have Fun with Your iPAQ.
Chapter 23: Ten Great iPAQ Utilities.