Mac OS X Tiger For Dummies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Written by “Dr. Mac” himself, veteran Macintosh expert Bob LeVitus, Mac OS X Tiger For Dummies is perfect whether you’re brand-new to the Mac or you’re a longtime Mac-thusiast. You’ll find sections on
- Basic Mac usage, including keyboard and mouse, menus, windows, the Dock, saving and backing up files, and getting around OS X
- Internet ins and outs, how to print from your Mac, and the how and why of System Preferences
- How to set up a network, share files, and troubleshoot problems
- Step-by-step installation instructions for OS X, and a lot more
Bob LeVitus reaches over a million readers weekly with his “Dr. Mac” column in the Houston Chronicle, and his books have sold more than a million copies worldwide. In this one, he helps you
- Find your way around the new Finder, go Web surfing with the cool new Safari browser, and search smarter with Spotlight
- Use Preferences to personalize your system for the way you work
- Handle removable media, including CDs, DVDs, and even classic devices like zip drives
- Manage files, use file sharing, and protect your precious data —painlessly
- Take advantage of Dashboard widgets, navigate nested folders, and make the most of Tiger
With the friendly and expert advice in this book, you’ll tame the Tiger in no time. Then, when you’re ready to delve deeper into some of the specific applications like digital media, check out other For Dummies guides, including iLife '04 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies (ISBN 0-7645-7347-0).