Professional WinFX Beta: Covers "Avalon" Windows Presentation Foundation and "Indigo" Windows Communication Foundation
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Windows development is about to dramatically change! WinFX is an object-oriented API that will allow you to create applications that take advantage of the exciting features in Windows(r) Vista (previously known as "Longhorn") while remaining compatible with Windows(r)XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003. Written by a team of Microsoft experts, this book introduces you to the pillars of this next-generation operating system, guiding you through the Windows Presentation Foundation (previously known as "Avalon") and the Windows Communication Foundation (previously known as "Indigo").
You'll first learn how to use the new Windows Presentation Foundation to create effective forms, use the XAML markup language, work with 2D and 3D graphics, and see how XAML interoperates with existing Windows Forms technology. Then you'll discover how to build Web Services and improve communication capabilities with the Windows Communication Foundation and architecture. You'll learn how to migrate existing DCOM and .NET remoting applications to Windows Communication Foundation or to make them interoperate with Windows Communication Foundation. Finally you'll work with integrating Microsoft ADO.NET and ASP.NET with Windows Presentation Foundation forms and data in the WinFX framework.
What you will learn from this book
- Techniques for creating and deploying WinFX applications from scratch and upgrading your current Windows .NET applications to incorporate WinFX
- How to use XAML to build a variety of forms, from simple to complex implementations
- Best practices for working with the Windows Presentation Foundation's themes, controls, annotation, and 3D features
- To implement secure, reliable messaging and transactions with Windows Communication Foundation and Microsoft Message Queueing
- To work with WinFX on any supported platform: Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista
- How to develop and implement Web Services using the Windows Communication Foundation
Who this book is for
This book is for the experienced Windows .NET programmer who wants to learn how to develop complex applications using the innovative features of Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft's WinFX beta 1 framework, the Windows Presentation Foundation, and the Windows Communication Foundation.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.