Red Hat Fedora and Enterprise Linux 4 Bible
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Whether you want the latest Linux software in Fedora or a stable Red Hat Enterprise Linux for your business, this book covers it all. Install Fedora Core 4 from the DVD or two CDs included and learn to use Linux as a desktop system or an Internet server. Check out fun applications for surfing the Web and doing office tasks. Learn to manage basic system administration, and move up to running your own Web, mail, print, or file server.
Configure Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux to:
- Browse the Web with Firefox
- Read and send e-mail with Evolution
- Create documents, spreadsheets, or presentations with OpenOffice.org
- Set up networked Web, mail, file, database, LDAP, print, or other servers
Transition your Fedora skills to Enterprise Linux with:
- Descriptions of RHEL products, features, and services
- Pointers to professional RHEL training and certification
Install complete Fedora Core 4 from DVD
Using the bonus DVD, you can:
- Boot the DVD to check and prepare your computer before installing Fedora (using KNOPPIX)
- Install the complete Fedora Core 4 Linux operating system (all source code packages included)
Install desktop Fedora Core 4 from CD
Using the bonus 2-CD set, you can:
- Select the software you need for a well-stocked desktop system
- Add key server features to use with your desktop Fedora system
Open for more!
- Find ten cool things you can do with Fedora
- Use KNOPPIX to test and prepare your computer
- Get your Windows stuff working in Linux