Syndicating Web Sites with RSS Feeds For Dummies
RSS can come to your rescue, but first you need to know what it is and how to use it. Syndicating Web Sites With RSS Feeds For Dummies has what you need to know to get up and running fast—and with today’s flood of constantly-changing information, “fast” is a top priority.
Here, in plain English, you’ll find out how to:
- Use RSS to drive traffic to your Web site and build brand awareness
- Choose and install the right software, set up RSS feeds, and decide on the format that meets your needs
- Create RSS feeds from scratch, or put a news reader on your Web site
- Improve your site’s ranking in search engines and build customer loyalty
- Enable your customers to choose when and how they receive updated information
- Tailor information for your audience and publish all your updates quickly and easily
- Promote your RSS feed and explain to your customers how to use it
- Provide added value for your customers
Making the most of RSS can make life easier for both you and those who do business with you. Syndicating Web Sites With RSS Feeds For Dummies will help you maintain fresh content for your Web site, blog, or e-zine, promote your site and establish links to it, and even update vital documents like employee guides, price lists, and procedures manuals, quickly and easily.
Part I: Controlling the Information Explosion.
Chapter 1: RSS in the Communication Revolution.
Chapter 2: Choosing an RSS Feed Reader.
Chapter 3: Subscribing to RSS Feeds.
Part II: Developing Great RSS Content.
Chapter 4: Using RSS to Spread Your Blog.
Chapter 5: Writing for Results.
Part III: Launching Your RSS Feed.
Chapter 6: Creating Your First Feed.
Chapter 7: Creating RSS Feeds from Scratch.
Chapter 8: Automating RSS Creation.
Chapter 9: Podcasting: Adding Multimedia to RSS Feeds.
Part IV: Getting the Most Out of RSS Feeds.
Chapter 10: Incorporating Best Practices.
Chapter 11: Promoting Your Feed.
Chapter 12: Placing News Feeds on Your Web Site.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 13: Ten Best RSS Readers.
Chapter 14: Ten Ways to Market Your Web Site.
Chapter 15: Ten Best RSS Resources.
Appendix: Setting Up a Web Site.