Hacking RSS and Atom
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
This book is not about the minutia of RSS and Atom programming. It's about doing cool stuff with syndication feeds-making the technology give you exactly what you want the way you want. It's about building a feed aggregator and routing feeds to your e-mail or iPod, producing and hosting feeds, filtering, sifting, and blending them, and much more. Tan-talizing loose ends beg you to create more hacks the author hasn't thought up yet. Because if you can't have fun with the technology, what's the point?
A sampler platter of things you'll learn to do
- Build a simple feed aggregator
- Add feeds to your buddy list
- Tune into rich media feeds with BitTorrent
- Monitor system logs and events with feeds
- Scrape feeds from old-fashioned Web sites
- Reroute mailing lists into your aggregator
- Distill popular links from blogs
- Republish feed headlines on your Web site
- Extend feeds using calendar events and microformats