Investing Online For Dummies, 5th Edition
To be a successful online investor, you need to know your way around the Web and you also need to understand something about investments. Investing Online For Dummies can help you make sound financial decisions by:
- Outlining basic investment fundamentals
- Explaining how stock options work and helping you determine the value of your employee stock option plan
- Pointing out costly traps and ways to avoid them
- Directing you to resources that provide information you need and helping you make sense of it
- Showing you how to use the Internet to become a savvy investor
This 5th edition of Investing Online For Dummies provides clear instructions and ample illustrations, taking you from the basics of online investing to making your own online stock transactions to purchasing bonds online. A few of the things you’ll discover:
- What’s important in an online brokerage and how to locate one that meets your needs
- How to find Internet resources that help you select mutual funds
- How to use stock online screens to find investment candidates that will move you toward your financial goals
- Where to look for direct stock purchase and ShareBuilder plans that let you invest online for as little as $25 a month
- How Internet tools can help you analyze and choose stocks and bonds
- The secrets to paying the lowest commissions when trading online
There’s so much information available on the Internet that you can easily feel overwhelmed. Investing Online For Dummies leads you through that maze, showing you how to get started, what you really need to know, where to go online to find it, and how to get the process underway. When it comes to choosing which cruise to take to celebrate your success, however, you’re on your own!
Part I: Online Investing Fundamentals.
Chapter 1: Finding Investor Stuff on the Net.
Chapter 2: No Experience Required: Getting Started with Online Investing.
Chapter 3: Making Your Money Work Harder.
Chapter 4: Selecting an Online Broker That’s Right for You.
Chapter 5: Getting Ahold of Trading Online.
Part II: Finding the Right Investments.
Chapter 6: The Keys to Successful Internet Mutual Fund Investing.
Chapter 7: Online Analysis, Buying, and Selling of Mutual Funds.
Chapter 8: The Basics of Stocks and Rates of Return.
Chapter 9: Internet Stock Screening.
Chapter 10: Using Company Information to Make Investment Decisions.
Chapter 11: Digging Deeper: Advanced Stock Analysis.
Chapter 12: Going with Fixed-Income Securities: Which Type of Bond Is for You?
Chapter 13: Valuing, Buying, and Selling Bonds Online.
Part III: Expanding Your Investment Opportunities.
Chapter 14: Going International Online.
Chapter 15: Looking for the Next Big Thing: IPOs, DPOs, and DRIPs.
Chapter 16: Taking the Option: Alternative Investing.
Chapter 17: The Internet and Managing Your Portfolio.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Ten Warnings About Cyberfraud.
Chapter 19: Ten Important Selling Points.
Chapter 20: Ten Green Flags for Buying.