Digital Systems Design with VHDL and Synthesis: An Integrated Approach
May 1999, Wiley-IEEE Computer Society Press
Digital Systems Design with VHDL and Synthesis focuses on the ultimate product of the design cycle: the implementation of a digital design. Many of the design techniques and considerations illustrated in the text are examples of actual real-world designs.
Unique features of the book include the following:
- VHDL code explained line by line to capture the logic behind the design concepts
- Simulation waveforms, synthesized schematics, and results are shown, verified, and analyzed
- VHDL code is synthesized and commands and strategies are discussed
- Variations on the design techniques and common mistakes are addressed
- Demonstrated standard cell, gate array, and FPGA three design processes, each with a complete design case study
- Test bench, post-layout verification, and test vector generation processes are illustrated
Chapter 2: VHDL and Digital Circuit Primitives.
Chapter 3: VHDL Simulation and Synthesis Environment and Design Process.
Chapter 4: Basic Combinational Circuits.
Chapter 5: Basic Binary Arithmetic Circuits.
Chapter 6: Basic Sequential Circuits.
Chapter 7: Registers.
Chapter 8: Clock and Reset Circuits.
Chapter 9: Dual-Port RAM, FIFO, and DRAM Modeling.
Chapter 10: A Design Case Study: Finite Impulse Response Filter ASIC Design.
Chapter 11: A Design Case Study: A Microprogram Controller Design.
Chapter 12: Error Detection and Correction.
Chapter 13: Fixed-Point Multiplication.
Chapter 14: Fixed-Point Division.
Chapter 15: Floating-Point Arithmetic.
Appendix A: Package Pack.