The MIS and LAN Manager's Guide to Advanced Telecommunications
January 2000, Wiley-IEEE Computer Society Press
The text provides the MIS or network manager with a comprehensive view of emerging telecommunications technologies, current networking technology for information systems, and detailed information on how to implement useful solutions. Additionally, the author reviews industry standard solutions from a technical perspective giving a detailed treatment of the various protocols and their operation and the applicability of the technology to support organizational data and communications needs for competitive advantage. The book is written for LAN, MIS, and IT managers, computer operations managers, telecom managers, technical service providers, equipment suppliers, network planners, and software engineers.
First, the Basics.
WAN Services Overview.
LAN/WAN Interconnection Basics.
High Speed WAN Connectivity (T1, T3, SONET).
Advanced Techniques for High Speed WAN Connectivity.
Supporting Small Offices, Nomadic Users, and Telecommuters.
Emerging Competitive Alternatives.
Exploiting Telecom Reform in Network Procurements.
Summary and Conclusions.
Common Telecommunications Acronyms.
Active author and lecturer, Wrobel has published over nine books and dozens of trade articles on a variety of technical subjects including such noteworthy works as the following:
* Managing Emerging Technologies for Strategic Advantage (Computer Economics)
* Writing Disaster Recovery Plans for Telecom & LANs (Artech House)
* Disaster Recovery Planning for Telecommunications (Artech House)
* Implementing a Successful Telecommunications Disaster Recover Plan (Computer Economics)
* Business Resumption Planning (Computer Economics)
* Understanding Emerging Network Services, Pricing and Regulation (Artech House)