Design of High-Performance Microprocessor Circuits
October 2000, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Each topic of this invaluable reference stands alone so the chapters can be read in any order. The following topics are covered in depth:
- Architectural constraints of CMOS VLSI design
- Technology scaling, low-power devices, SOI, and process variations
- Contemporary design styles including a survey of logic families, robust dynamic circuits, asynchronous logic, self-timed pipelines, and fast arithmetic units
- Latches, clocks and clock distribution, phase-locked and delay-locked loops
- Register file, cache memory, and embedded DRAM design
- High-speed signaling techniques and I/O design
- ESD, electromigration, and hot-carrier reliability
- CAD tools, including timing verification and the analysis of power distribution schemes
- Test and testability
Design of High-Performance Microprocessor Circuits assumes a basic knowledge of digital circuit design and device operation, and covers a broad range of circuit styles and VLSI design techniques. Packed with practical know-how, it is an indispensable reference for practicing circuit designers, architects, system designers, CAD tool developers, process technologists, and researchers. It is also an essential text for VLSI design courses.