Wireless Video Communications: Second to Third Generation and Beyond
March 2001, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This book's deductive presentation and broad scope make it essential for anyone interested in wireless communications. It systematically converts the lessons of Shannon's information theory into design principles applicable to practical wireless systems. It provides in a comprehensive manner "implementation-ready" overall system design and performance studies, giving cognizance to the contradictory design requirements of video quality, bit rate, delay, complexity error resilience, and other related system design aspects.
Topics covered include
- information theoretical foundations
- block-based and convolutional channel coding
- very-low-bit-rate video codecs and multimode videophone transceivers
- high-resolution video coding using both proprietary and standard schemes
- CDMA/OFDM systems, third-generation and beyond adaptive video systems.
WIRELESS VIDEO COMMUNICATIONS is a valuable reference for postgraduate researchers, system engineers, industrialists, managers and visual communications practitioners.