Linux Samba Server Administration: Craig Hunt Linux Library
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Linux Samba Server Administration is the most complete, most advanced guide to Samba you’ll find anywhere. Written by a leading Linux expert, this book teaches you, step-by-step, all the standard and advanced Samba techniques you'll need to make Linux and UNIX machines operate seamlessly as part of your Windows network. Throughout, scores of clear, consistent examples illustrate these techniques in detail—so you stay on track and accomplish all your goals. Coverage includes:
- Installing Samba
- Setting up file sharing
- Setting up printer sharing
- Using Samba as a client
- Setting up a working user authentication system
- Using automation to expand Samba's capabilities
- Setting up Samba as a domain controller
- Configuring NetBIOS name server functions
- Configuring Samba for optimal interoperation with other servers
- Managing user accounts
- Optimizing Samba for maximum speed
- Securing Samba against intrusion
- Using Samba as a backup server
- Troubleshooting Samba
- Configuring Samba to work with a variety of client OSs
About the Library
The Craig Hunt Linux Library is an eight-book set that provides in-depth, advanced coverage of the key topics for Linux administrators. Topics include Samba, System Administration, Sendmail, Apache, NFS and Automounter, and Linux Security. Each book in the library is either written by or meticulously reviewed by Craig Hunt to ensure the highest quality and most complete coverage of networking professionals working specifically in Linux environments.