Mastering Visual Basic.NET Database Programming
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Visual Basic .NET and ADO.NET facilitate the development of a new generation of database applications, including disconnected applications that run on the Web. Mastering Visual Basic .NET Database Programming is the resource you need to thrive in this new world. Assuming no prior experience with database programming, this book teaches you every aspect of the craft, from GUI design to server development to middle-tier implementation. If you're familiar with earlier versions of ADO, you'll master the many new features of ADO.NET all the more quickly. You'll also learn the importance of XML within the new .NET paradigm.
- Getting familiar with the ADO.NET object model
- Using the data access wizards
- Taking advantage of new SQL Server 2000 features
- Carrying out XSL Transformations and XPath queries
- Generating XML using the T-SQL FOR XML statement
- Binding controls to ADO.NET result sets
- Arriving at a sound database design
- Tuning your SQL Server 2000 database
- Using the XML Designer in Visual Studio .NET
- Leveraging the data access tools available in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
- Working with .NET data providers
- Choosing between streaming data and caching data
- Working with the Data Form Wizard in Visual Studio .NET
- Using advanced ADO.NET techniques
- Building a threaded application
- Using .NET's advanced exception handling capabilities
- Using the .NET Deployment Project Template
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.