SilverFast: The Official Guide
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Whether you're new to scanning or a seasoned pro, SilverFast: The Official Guide gives you the practical knowledge you need to achieve the best possible scans and images using any of the SilverFast products: SilverFast Ai, SE, DC, HDR, or PhotoCD. You get a thorough introduction to scanning basics, in-depth instruction in correction techniques, and tips for using SilverFast's advanced features. Written by a widely acclaimed graphics expert, with the full support of Lasersoft Imaging, this is the authoritative SilverFast resource.
- Understanding resolution
- Understanding color modes, spaces, and theory
- Understanding scanner operation
- Setting up scanner defaults and workspace
- Calibrating your scanner
- Making a quick scan
- Setting advanced options
- Identifying problems using the densitometer and histogram
- Correcting images selectively using masks
- Removing color casts
- Sharpening and descreening images
- Scanning line art, slides, and negatives
- Using color management profiles
- Adjusting existing images in SilverFast HDR, SilverFast DC, and SilverFast PhotoCD
- Using batch scanning and Job Manager
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.