iMovie 3 Solutions: Tips, Tricks, and Special Effects
--MyMac.com Book Reviewer David Weeks
Create Thousand-Dollar Video Effects with iMovie and QuickTime Pro
You can do more with iMovie than you might think. You don't have to trade up to Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere to build stylish and exciting videos. iMovie 3 Solutions brings high-end visual effects to the iMovie community with easy-to-follow projects, step-by-step instructions, and companion sample videos. Whether you're a hobbyist, a budding producer, or a dedicated video prosumer, iMovie 3 Solutions will help you create unique and breathtaking videos on a budget.
Inside, noted author Erica Sadun shows you the ins and outs of iMovie video tricks, including:
* Adding logos and watermarks to your movies
* Producing exciting picture-in-picture effects
* Creating larger and more dynamic title sequences
* Combining animated elements with your iMovie footage
* Designing interactive QuickTime skins that surround your iMovie videos
* Converting your PowerPoint presentations into iMovie form
* Authoring captions and subtitles for your movies
* Building your own iMovie plug-ins
* And more!
Chapter 1: Power Tips.
Chapter 2: iMovie Stills.
Chapter 3: Overlays.
Chapter 4: Transparency.
Chapter 5: Animated Effects.
Chapter 6: Titles.
Chapter 7: iMovie Artistry.
Do you think you've discovered an error in this book? Please check the list of errata below to see if we've already addressed the error. If not, please submit the error via our Errata Form. We will attempt to verify your error; if you're right, we will post a correction below.
After publication, Apple released version 3.0.3 of iMovie, which added a Ken Burns effect checkbox to the Photos palette. This checkbox allows you to disable the Ken Burns effect without using kbtoggle from the iMovie Hack Pack.