PMP: Project Management Professional Study Guide, 2nd Edition
This updated edition of the best-selling PMP: Project Management Professional Study Guide was developed to help you prepare for this challenging exam, and includes additional study tools designed to reinforce understanding of critical subject areas.
Key Topics Include:
- Project Initiation. Determining project goals, identifying constraints and assumptions, defining strategies, producing documentation.
- Project Planning. Refining a project, creating a WBS, developing a resource management plan, establishing controls, obtaining approval.
- Project Execution. Committing and implementing resources, managing and communicating progress, implementing quality assurance procedures.
- Project Control. Measuring Performance, taking corrective action, ensuring compliance, reassessing control plans, responding to risk event triggers.
- Project Closing. Documenting lessons learned, facilitating closure, preserving records and tools, releasing resources.
- Professional Responsibility. Ensuring integrity, contributing to knowledge base, balancing stakeholder interests, respecting differences.
Note:CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter 1 What Is a Project?.
Chapter 2 Initiating the Project.
Chapter 3 Creating a Project Charter.
Chapter 4 Creating the Scope Statement and WBS.
Chapter 5 Resource Planning and Estimating.
Chapter 6 Establishing Project Planning Controls.
Chapter 7 Creating the Project Plan.
Chapter 8 Developing the Project Team.
Chapter 9 Measuring and Controlling Project Performance.
Chapter 10 Controlling Change.
Chapter 11 Closing Out the Project.
Chapter 12 Professional Responsibility.
Appendix A Process Inputs and Outputs.
Do you think you've discovered an error in this book? Please check the list of errata below to see if we've already addressed the error. If not, please submit the error via our Errata Form. We will attempt to verify your error; if you're right, we will post a correction below.
PMI Process Group - Initiation should be Initiating
Fig 1.7 (the top box) should say, "Initiating" instead of "Initiation."
The first paragraph on page 24, the last sentence should read, "....IPECC (Initiating, Planning....)"
Third sentence under the "Acceptance" heading, the first word of that sentence should be "Acceptance" not "Avoidance" as stated.
Under Payment Requests, the first sentence should read "In the payment requests output...." rather than "In the payment requests input..."
"There are five tools and techniques used in Performance Recording:" should state (per PMBOK), "There are five tools and techniques used in Performance Reporting". The word "Recording" should be "Reporting".
Page To Our Valued Readers
Neil Edde's email address on the "To Our Valued Readers" page is incorrect.