Cabling: The Complete Guide to Network Wiring, 3rd Edition
In this third edition of a widely acclaimed resource, three networking experts share their extensive experience, teaching you the cabling skills you need to build a reliable, efficient, and cost-effective network cabling infrastructure. As you master these techniques, you'll learn to avoid common pitfalls and troubleshoot problems as quickly as they arise. Coverage includes:
- Choosing the right cables and components for your network architecture and topology
- Avoiding unnecessary and unexpected costs
- Understanding the current limitations of data communications and network cabling
- Understanding how laws and building codes constrain cabling
- Understanding the function and importance of universal cabling standards
- Determining when you have a cabling-related network problem
- Assembling a complete cabling toolkit
- Integrating voice and data on the same cable system
- Setting up an infrastructure in which desktops, printers, copiers, and other nodes share cabling
- Understanding issues of bandwidth, impedance, resistance, attenuation, crosstalk, capacitance, propagation, delay, and delay skew
- Working effectively with USB and Firewire
- Knowing when to discard legacy cabling and begin anew
- Documenting your cabling
- Creating an RFP and selecting a vendor
Part I Technology and Components.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Data Cabling.
Chapter 2: Cabling Specifications and Standards.
Chapter 3: Choosing the Correct Cabling.
Chapter 4: Cable System and Infrastructure Constraints.
Chapter 5: Cabling System Components.
Chapter 6: Tools of the Trade.
Part II Network Media and Connectors.
Chapter 7: Copper Cable Media.
Chapter 8: Wall Plates.
Chapter 9: Connectors.
Chapter 10: Fiber-Optic Media.
Chapter 11: Unbounded (Wireless) Media.
Part III Cabling Design and Installation.
Chapter 12: Cabling-System Design and Installation.
Chapter 13: Cable-Connector Installation.
Chapter 14: Cable-System Testing and Troubleshooting.
Chapter 15: Creating a Request for Proposal (RFP).
Chapter 16: Cabling @ Work: Experience from the Field.
Part IV Appendices.
Appendix A: Cabling Resources.
Appendix B: Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Certification.
Appendix C: Home Cabling: Wiring Your Home for Now and the Future.
Appendix D: Overview of IEEE 1394 and USB Networking.
Appendix E: The Electronics Technicians Association, International (ETA) Certifications.
|BW Graphics CH01||1.10 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH02||914.20 KB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH03||3.09 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH05||3.01 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH06||8.43 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH07||4.85 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH08||1.19 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH09||1,018.13 KB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH10||1.11 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH11||1.11 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH12||1.73 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH13||2.71 MB||Click to Download|
|BW Graphics CH14||407.61 KB||Click to Download|
|Color Graphics Section||5.17 MB||Click to Download|