Setting up LAMP: Getting Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP Working Together
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Each technology has uses outside of this context, of course, but within it they form something greater than the sum of their parts. This book shows you how to take full advantage of this power, walking you through all the steps required to lay your Linux foundation, install and configure your Apache web server, and then begin using PHP to access content stored in MySQL. Here are a few of the specific topics you'll find covered inside:
- Installing and configuring qmail with support for IMAP, POP3, SMTP, virtual domains, spam filtering, and antivirus
- Managing system users and groups
- Configuring your network
- Creating a custom firewall script using IP tables
- Recognizing when a system is in distress
- Handling MySQL database replication
- Configuring virtual domains
- Writing a basic PHP script that integrates with MySQL
If you're new to all of this, you'll quickly get to where you need to be to start developing and deploying the higher-level pieces of your web application. Even if you have experience with one or all of these technologies, this book—including its quick-start installation appendix—is a resource you'll want close by whenever you're setting up or fine-tuning your LAMP system.