Developer to Designer: GUI Design for the Busy Developer
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
In the real world, there is no hot-shot sitting one cube over, and you have to build the GUI yourself.
- Arranging text and controls in a sensible order
- Understanding and making the most of the behavior of windows
- Improving the effectiveness of dialog boxes
- Using advanced controls such as TreeViews, ListViews, and tabs
- Designing menus and toolbars
- Providing users with sensible customization options
- Understanding how the rules change when designing for the Web
- Handling page layout and navigation on the Web
- Anticipating changes in the next version of Windows
Throughout, author Mike Gunderloy is doggedly realistic. Like in his previous book, Coder to Developer: Tools and Strategies for Delivering Your Software, Mike describes how things actually work and prescribes ways for you to achieve meaningful results without staging a revolution. This is hard-won, practical knowledge from a veteran developer whose advice, examples, and overall vision will change the way you think and work.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Developer to Designer: GUI Design for the Busy Developer (US $44.99)
Total List Price: US $84.98
Discounted Price: US $63.73 (Save: US $21.25)