OCP: Oracle 10g Administration II Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-043
- Clear and concise information on advanced database administration with Oracle 10g
- Practical examples and insights drawn from the authors' real-world experiences
- Leading-edge exam preparation software, including a test engine and electronic flashcards
You'll also find authoritative coverage of key exam topics, including:
- Configuring Recovery Manager
- Understanding the Flashback Database
- Recovering from User Errors
- Working with Globalization Support
- Using the Scheduler to Automate Tasks
- Monitoring and Managing Storage
- Securing the Oracle Listener
Look to Sybex for the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today's competitive IT marketplace.
Chapter 1: Configuring Recovery Manager.
Chapter 2: Using Recovery Manager.
Chapter 3: Recovering From Non-Critical Losses.
Chapter 4: Database Recovery.
Chapter 5: Understanding the Flashback Database.
Chapter 6: Recovering from User Errors.
Chapter 7: Handling Block Corruption.
Chapter 8: Understanding Automatic Database Management.
Chapter 9: Understanding Automatic Storage Management.
Chapter 10: Understanding Globalization Support.
Chapter 11: Managing Resources.
Chapter 12: Using the Scheduler to Automate Tasks.
Chapter 13: Monitoring and Managing Storage.
Chapter 14: Securing the Oracle Listener, Diagnostic Sources, and Memory.
Tim Buterbaugh, OCP, is a DBA with over 17 years? experience. He currently works as a consultant with EDS.
Bob Bryla OCP, has worked with Oracle databases for over 12 years.
Do you think you've discovered an error in this book? Please check the list of errata below to see if we've already addressed the error. If not, please submit the error via our Errata Form. We will attempt to verify your error; if you're right, we will post a correction below.
The SQL command in Step 2 should be changed from "alter db_flashback_retention_target..." to "alter system set db_flashback_retention_target..."
Question 16 should be changed from "Which initialization parameter will not create archive logs to the flash recovery area?" to "Which initialization parameter will create archive logs in the flash recovery area?"
19. D. RWVR it should be "D. RVWR"
Answer to Question 16 should include the additional sentence after the explanation already provided "ARCHIVE_LOG_DEST,ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST, and ARCHIVE_LOG_DEST_n are not valid initialization parameters"
Question 11 -
This is becase the tracefile_identifier of 'prod' is ignored by
Once this change is made, then D will be the correct answer.