Fiber Optics Installer and Technician Guide
- The history of fiber optics
- Principles of fiber optic transmission
- Optical fiber characteristics, construction, and theory
- Safety considerations
- Cables, connectors, and splicing
- Fiber optic light sources and transmitters
- Fiber optic detectors and receivers
- Passive components and multiplexers
- Fiber optic links
- Testing equipment
- Techniques for testing links and cables
- Troubleshooting and restoration techniques
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter 1: History of Fiber Optics.
Chapter 2: Principles of Fiber Optic Transmission.
Chapter 3: Basic Principles of Light.
Chapter 4: Optical Fiber Construction and Theory.
Chapter 5: Optical Fiber Characteristics.
Chapter 6: Safety.
Chapter 7: Fiber Optic Cables.
Chapter 8: Splicing.
Chapter 9: Connectors.
Chapter 10: Fiber Optic Light Sources.
Chapter 11: Fiber Optic Detectors and Receivers.
Chapter 12: Passive Components and Multiplexers.
Chapter 13: Cable Installation and Hardware.
Chapter 14: Fiber Optic System Design Considerations.
Chapter 15: Test Equipment and Link/Cable Testing.
Chapter 16: Link/Cable Troubleshooting.
Emile B. Husson has spent 15 years as a multimedia training specialist in the fields of electronics, communications, navigation, and industrial safety. He is currently developing interactive training materials for U.S. Navy navigation hardware and software.